Dr Emilie Combet
Dr Combet’s research is multi-disciplinary and focuses on how food (including whole foods, specific nutrients, and the way we eat) impacts on health throughout life, from the time peri-conception to old age. A key focus is iodine, from a food science, molecular nutrition and public health perspective.
Iodine/thyroid journal publications
- Bouga M & Combet E (2016) Dietary interventions and increase of dietary iodine intake – a systematic review Proc Nutr Soc 75 (OCE3) E211Combet, E., and Lean, M.E.J. (2014) Validation of a short food frequency questionnaire specific for iodine in UK females of childbearing age. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, 27(6). pp. 599-605. (doi:10.1111/jhn.12219)
- Bouga M Lean MEJ, & Combet E (2016) Dietary guidance during pregnancy and iodine nutrition: a qualitative approach Proc Nutr Soc75 (OCE3) E83
- Bouga M, Layman S, Mullaly S et al. (2015) Iodine intake and excretion are low in British breastfeeding mothers. Proc Nutr Soc 74, E25.
- Bouga M & Combet E (2015) Seaweed and seaweed-containing foods in the UK: focus on labeling, iodine content, toxicity and nutrition Proc Nutr Soc 74 OCE5
- Bouga M, Cousins F, Lean MEJ, & Combet E (2015) Influence of goitrogenic foods intake on thyroid functions in healthy females of childbearing age with low habitual iodine intake Proc Nutr Soc 74 (OCE1), E39
- Combet, E., Ma, Z. F., Cousins, F., Thompson, B., and Lean, M. E. J.(2014) Low-level seaweed supplementation improves iodine status in iodine-insufficient women. British Journal of Nutrition, 112(5). pp. 753-761. (doi:10.1017/S0007114514001573)
- Hernández, M., Wilson, K.L., Combet, E., and Wardlaw, J.M. (2013) Brain findings associated with iodine deficiency identified by magnetic resonance methods: a systematic review. Open Journal of Radiology, 3(4). pp. 180-195. (doi:10.4236/ojrad.2013.34030)
- Lean, M.I.F.A., Lean, M.E.J., Yajnik, C.S., Bhat, D., Joshi, S.M., Raut, D.A., Lubree, H.G., and Combet, E. (2013) Iodine status during pregnancy in India and related neonatal and infant outcomes. Public Health Nutrition. (doi:10.1017/S1368980013001201)
- Lampropoulou M, Lean MEJ, Combet E (2012) Iodine status of women of childbearing age in Scotland. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 71 (OCE2), E143
- Williamson C, Lean MEJ, Comebt E (2012) Dietary recommendations and iodine awareness among mothers in the UK Proc Nutr Soc, 71 (OCE2), E141
- Williamson C, Lean MEJ & Combet E (2012) Dietary iodine: awareness, knowledge and current practice among midwives. Proc Nutr Soc 71, E142