Iodine/thyroid journal publications
- Bath SC Hill S, Goenaga Infante H, Elghul S, Nezianya CJ & Rayman MP. (2017) Iodine concentration of milk-alternative drinks available in the UK in comparison to cows’ milk. Br J Nutr E-pub 26 Sept 2017 doi:10.1017/S0007114517002136
- Bath SC, Pop VJ, Furmidge-Owen VL, Broeren MA, Rayman MP (2016) Thyroglobulin as a functional biomarker of iodine status in a cohort study of UK pregnant women. Thyroid.
- Bath SC, and Rayman MP Trace element concentration in organic and conventional milk: what are the nutritional implications of the recently reported differences? Br J Nutr.
- Bath SC, Combet E, Scully P et al (2015) A multi-centre pilot study of iodine status in UK schoolchildren aged 8-10 years. Eur J Nutr
- Bath SC, Furmidge-Owen VL, Redman CW et al. (2015) Gestational changes in iodine status in a cohort study of pregnant women from the United Kingdom: season as an effect modifier. Am J Clin Nutr
- Bath SC and Rayman MP (2015) A review of the iodine status of UK pregnant women and its implications for the offspring. Environ Geochem Health E-pub 7 Feb; doi 10.1007/s10653-015-9682-3
- Mao J, Pop VJM, Bath SC, Vader HL, Redman CWG, Rayman (2014) MP Effect of low-dose selenium on thyroid autoimmunity and thyroid function in UK pregnant women with mild-to-moderate iodine deficiency Eur J Nutr doi:10.1007/s00394-014-0822-9
- Bath SC, Sleeth ML, Mckenna M, Walter A, Taylor A, Rayman MP (2014) Iodine intake and status of UK women of childbearing age recruited at the University of Surrey in the winter. Br J Nutr E-pub 2 Oct 2014
- Bath SC, Wright J, Taylor A, Walter A, Rayman MP (2014) Iodine deficiency in pregnant women living in the South East of the UK – a study investigating the influence of diet and nutritional supplements on iodine status Br J Nutr; 111: 1622-1631
- Bath SC, Button S, Rayman MP (2014). Iodised salt availability in the UK – is it likely to influence population iodine intake? Public Health Nutr; 17: 450-454.
- Bath SC, Steer C, Golding J, Emmett P, Rayman MP. Effect of inadequate iodine status in UK pregnant women on cognitive outcomes in their children: results from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC). Lancet; 382: 331-37
- Bath SC, Rayman MP (2013) Facts Behind the Headlines: Is iodine deficiency during pregnancy a public health concern in the UK? Nutr Bull; 38: 400-404
- Bath SC (2013) Comment: Direct or indirect iodine supplementation of infants? Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol; 2: 184-185
- Bath SC, Jolly KB, Rayman MP (2013) Iodine supplements during and after pregnancy. JAMA 309, 1345
- Bath SC, Button S, Rayman MP (2012) Iodine concentration of organic and conventional milk: implications for iodine intake Br J Nutr, 107 935-940.
- Bath SC, Rayman MP. (2012) Iodine deficiency in the UK – an overlooked cause of neurodevelopment delay? Proc Nut Soc, 72: 226-35
- Bath SC, Rayman MP (2012) Antenatal thyroid screening and childhood cognitive function. N Engl J Med; 366: 1640-1641; author reply 1641
- Bath SC, Rayman MP (2011) Iodine deficiency in UK schoolgirls Lancet 378 1623
World Iodine Association (November 2017) Health effects of iodine deficiency and excess: importance of interaction with other nutrients, Pisa, Italy
38th National Congress of the Italian Society of Endocrinology (May 2015) Iodine requirements in pregnancy and iodine deficiency repercussions on child cognitive outcomes. Taormina, Sicily.
Association of Clinical Biochemists, Southern Region Scientific Meeting (March 2015) The new emergence of iodine deficiency in the UK. , Guildford.
‘Thyroid day’ and joint meeting of Latvian Association of Endocrinology, Latvian Society of Internists and the Latvian Association of Gynecologists and Obstetricians (January 2015) Iodine deficiency in pregnancy and neurodevelopment.,Riga, Latvia.
38th Annual Meeting of the European Thyroid Association (September 2014) Iodine deficiency in pregnancy and neurodevelopment. Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
Nordic Iodine Meeting (March 2014) Iodine intake and status in the UK and its effect on child cognition. First Hotel Kong Frederik, Copenhagen,
Society for Endocrinology/British Endocrinology Society (March 2014)Iodine deficiency in the UK: an overlooked cause of impaired neurodevelopment. Liverpool,
Warwick Medical School (November 2013) Are you getting enough? How new emergence of an old mineral deficiency could be affecting you and your family. Division of Health Sciences seminar series. University of Warwick,
British Thyroid Foundation London Group (November 2013) Selenium and auto-immune thyroid disease. London
Royal College of Surgeons (October 2013) Iodine Deficiency in Pregnancy and Child Cognition in the UK. Efamol-Angelini Symposium, , London.
83rd American Thyroid Association Annual Meeting (October 2013) Iodine Deficiency and Child Cognition in the United Kingdom. 83rd American Thyroid Association Annual Meeting, San Juan, Puerto Rico, October 16-20, 2013.
Procter & Gamble (September 2013) Iodine Deficiency in Pregnancy and Child Cognition in the UK. , Egham, Surrey.
10th NTES Conference: Trace & Mineral Elements in Health & Disease (August 2013) Inadequate Iodine Status in UK Pregnant Women and Adverse Cognitive Outcomes in their Children. . Loen, Norway, 25-29 August 2013.
ICCIDD, BTF Meeting on Iodine status in the UK (June 2012) Sources of iodine in the UK. – the way forward, Royal College of Pathologists, London, UK.
14th International Conference on Trace Elements in Man and Animals (TEMA14; September 2011) Deficient iodine status and its correlates in a developed European country: the UK. Enshi, Hubei Province, China 19-23 September 2011.